Afar

Subgroup: 
There are three distinct types of the breed namely bedaeru, Igahidoda and an intermieate between the two have been identified.
Main Location: 
Mostly found in north-eastern lowlands of the Afar and adjecent regions of Ethiopia.(Zerabruk and et al, 2007)
Origin: 
89% of the resulats indicated that the afar breed is native to th eregion while the remaining 11% says they migrated from present day Yemen accross the red sea..(Zerabruk and et al, 2007)
Habitat: 
Adapted to the arid and semi-arid rangeland conditions and to the pastoral and/or agropastoral areas..(Zerabruk and et al, 2007)
Species: